- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Jerry R. Smith, 66, of Sikeston died Thursday, May 26, 2005, at his home.
He was born April 21, 1939, in Oran, Mo., son of McGoy and Louise Abernathy Smith.
Smith was founder of Century 21 Real Estate Co. in Sikeston. He was a member of Elks Lodge 2319, past officer and member of Eagles Aerie 3319 and Henry Meldrum American Legion Post 114.
Survivors include a son, Kevin Smith of Hertford, N.C.; a daughter, Leslie Zarshenas of Memphis, Tenn.; a brother, Lanny Smith of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Carolyn Matthews of Ocean Springs, Miss.; seven grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel, with the Rev. Ed Carter officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hills Memorial Gardens near Morley, Mo.