- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Zylphia Idell Morrison, 86, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, May 31, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Dec. 15, 1918, at Delta, daughter of Roy F. and Rozlphia Brinner Gilder. She and Carl Edward Morrison were married Sept. 11, 1937, in Poplar Bluff, Mo. He died June 17, 1993.
Mrs. Morrison was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Mary Jo Tolbert and husband Bob of Cape Girardeau; a daughter-in-law, Wilma Morrison of Valdosta, Ga.; two sisters, Virginia Duncan of Cape Girardeau, Betty Jo Dunning of Delta; four grandchildren, Greg Morrison of Raleigh, N.C., Todd Morrison of Valdosta, Tim Tolbert of Nashville, Tenn., Heidi Lashley of Swansboro, N.C.; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, a son and a sister.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.