- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Marie Emerson Hahn, 88, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, May 23, 2005, in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 3, 1916, at Cedar Hill, Mo., daughter of Frederick Wilhelm "Bill" Gottlieb and Mary Elizabeth Dieckmann Reinemer. She married John Hahn, who preceded her in death.
Mrs. Hahn was a teacher at Hillsboro schools. She was a member of Viburnum Garden Club, Order of Eastern Star Cape Rock Chapter 60, Cape Republican Women, First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau and its Women's Missionary Union.
Survivors include a daughter-in-law, Missouri District 8 U.S. Rep. Jo Ann Emerson of Cape Girardeau; three stepchildren, Raymond Hahn of Park Hills, Mo., Mary Rae Wolcott of Huntington, Texas, Francine Albright of Bayou Vista, Texas; four granddaughters, Victoria Emerson Barnes of Arlington, Va., Katharine Emerson of Washington, D.C., Elizabeth Emerson Leger of Great Falls, Va., Abigail Emerson Gilhooley of Chatham, Mass.; six stepgrandchildren, John Wayne, Billy, Cathy, Jerry Lynn, Julie and Louis; and two great-grandchildren, Will Leger and Maggie Gilhooley.
She was preceded in death by a son, Congressman N. William "Bill" Emerson, and a sister, Alice Dietrich.
The funeral was held Thursday at Dietrich-Mothershead Funeral Home in DeSoto, Mo., with the Rev. Dr. Bruce Levine officiating. Burial was in Hillsboro Cemetery at Hillsboro, Mo.
Memorials may be made to the Lutheran Home, 2825 Bloomfield, Road, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63703.