- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
Thanks for good teaching memories
To the editor:
This is an open letter to the Meadow Heights School District. Thank you for 28 years of warm friendships. I never had a student I did not love. I did not always like their behavior, but I always loved my students.
During my 27 years as student council adviser, Meadow Heights Student Council became an active organization. I was on the Missouri Association of Student Councils advisory board for seven years. My term ended in the spring of 2003. I was on the MASC summer leadership training staff at William Woods University from 1980 to 2004. A special thanks to my student council students who gave me many wonderful memories.
Currently I am teaching mat at Central High School in Cape Girardeau. I have been working algebra problems and helping others do their math since I was 8 years old.
I will always have fond memories of the many friends, young, old and in between, that I made while I was part of the Meadow Heights community.
NANCY D. HENSON, Jackson