- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Thanks for good teaching memories
To the editor:
This is an open letter to the Meadow Heights School District. Thank you for 28 years of warm friendships. I never had a student I did not love. I did not always like their behavior, but I always loved my students.
During my 27 years as student council adviser, Meadow Heights Student Council became an active organization. I was on the Missouri Association of Student Councils advisory board for seven years. My term ended in the spring of 2003. I was on the MASC summer leadership training staff at William Woods University from 1980 to 2004. A special thanks to my student council students who gave me many wonderful memories.
Currently I am teaching mat at Central High School in Cape Girardeau. I have been working algebra problems and helping others do their math since I was 8 years old.
I will always have fond memories of the many friends, young, old and in between, that I made while I was part of the Meadow Heights community.
NANCY D. HENSON, Jackson