- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Florence D. Rastl, 85, of Jackson died Wednesday, May 12, 2010, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 23, 1925, in Millersville, daughter of William Howard and Emma Jane Wallis Summers. She and Goza M. Rastl were married Dec. 27, 1943, at Benton, Mo. He died Dec. 15, 1998.
Florence graduated from Oak Ridge High School. She was a machine operator at International Shoe Co. in Jackson more than 40 years, retiring in 1987. She had attended Fairview United Methodist Church.
She had made her home at Jackson Manor the past four years.
Survivors include a daughter, Karen Bollinger of Jackson; two grandchildren, Cindy (Sammy) Lawson and Rodney (Danette) Bollinger of Jackson; four great-grandchildren, Logan and Kayla Lawson, and Kyle and Tori Bollinger.
She was preceded in death by her husband; a son-in-law, Butch Bollinger; a brother and five sisters.
Visitation will be from noon to service time today at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tommy Weems officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Fairview United Methodist Church Cemetery Fund.