- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Painted-rock hunts catch fire in Cape area (7/20/17)
CASA Celebrates their Volunteers!
CASA- Court Appointed Special Advocates of Southeast Missouri- celebrated their volunteers with a special evening in their honor. CASA is a volunteer based organization that advocates for abused and neglected children. "Our CASA volunteers have a demanding "Volunteer" job," says Lori Schutte, CASA staff. "Before they are appointed to a case, they have already put in over 30 hours of time just in the training program alone. We are so blessed to have these individuals choose our program to volunteer for because they want to Speak Up for a child in court. The unfortunate part is that we still have more cases that need CASA Volunteers." CASA is accepting applications for their fall training session now. If you would like to learn more about CASA, please call 335-1726 or visit our website www.capecasa.com. You may also attend one of two CASA 101 Informational classes on May 25th @ Noon or May 27th @ 5:30pm. Both classes are held in the CASA Office @ 937 Broadway, Suite 201.