- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
CASA Celebrates their Volunteers!
CASA- Court Appointed Special Advocates of Southeast Missouri- celebrated their volunteers with a special evening in their honor. CASA is a volunteer based organization that advocates for abused and neglected children. "Our CASA volunteers have a demanding "Volunteer" job," says Lori Schutte, CASA staff. "Before they are appointed to a case, they have already put in over 30 hours of time just in the training program alone. We are so blessed to have these individuals choose our program to volunteer for because they want to Speak Up for a child in court. The unfortunate part is that we still have more cases that need CASA Volunteers." CASA is accepting applications for their fall training session now. If you would like to learn more about CASA, please call 335-1726 or visit our website www.capecasa.com. You may also attend one of two CASA 101 Informational classes on May 25th @ Noon or May 27th @ 5:30pm. Both classes are held in the CASA Office @ 937 Broadway, Suite 201.