- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
CASA Celebrates their Volunteers!
CASA- Court Appointed Special Advocates of Southeast Missouri- celebrated their volunteers with a special evening in their honor. CASA is a volunteer based organization that advocates for abused and neglected children. "Our CASA volunteers have a demanding "Volunteer" job," says Lori Schutte, CASA staff. "Before they are appointed to a case, they have already put in over 30 hours of time just in the training program alone. We are so blessed to have these individuals choose our program to volunteer for because they want to Speak Up for a child in court. The unfortunate part is that we still have more cases that need CASA Volunteers." CASA is accepting applications for their fall training session now. If you would like to learn more about CASA, please call 335-1726 or visit our website www.capecasa.com. You may also attend one of two CASA 101 Informational classes on May 25th @ Noon or May 27th @ 5:30pm. Both classes are held in the CASA Office @ 937 Broadway, Suite 201.