- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- Stooges in Jackson under new ownership (6/23/18)
- Poplar Bluff nail manufacturer gets hammered by new tariffs on steel (6/22/18)7
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Scott County Sheriff Wes Drury responds to issue involving deputy (6/23/18)2
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
CASA Celebrates their Volunteers!
CASA- Court Appointed Special Advocates of Southeast Missouri- celebrated their volunteers with a special evening in their honor. CASA is a volunteer based organization that advocates for abused and neglected children. "Our CASA volunteers have a demanding "Volunteer" job," says Lori Schutte, CASA staff. "Before they are appointed to a case, they have already put in over 30 hours of time just in the training program alone. We are so blessed to have these individuals choose our program to volunteer for because they want to Speak Up for a child in court. The unfortunate part is that we still have more cases that need CASA Volunteers." CASA is accepting applications for their fall training session now. If you would like to learn more about CASA, please call 335-1726 or visit our website www.capecasa.com. You may also attend one of two CASA 101 Informational classes on May 25th @ Noon or May 27th @ 5:30pm. Both classes are held in the CASA Office @ 937 Broadway, Suite 201.