- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Senator Crowell Honors Sikeston Jaycees at Capitol
JEFFERSON CITY -- Senator Jason Crowell, R-Cape Girardeau, recently presented a Senate Resolution to a group of Sikeston Jaycees in Jefferson City. As of the 2009 Sikeston Jaycee Bootheel Rodeo, local Jaycee's have been able to invest more than $1 million back into the Sikeston community over a 10-year-period.
"This group of professionals works hard for months to put on the Bootheel Rodeo year after year, and their efforts are paying off significantly in the community," said. Sen. Crowell. "I congratulate them on their successes and thank them for making such a big difference in our area."
The Sikeston Jaycee Bootheel Rodeo is put on almost entirely by the Sikeston Jaycees. The event proceeds provide funds for community groups and projects, as well as serve as a tourism resource for the community. The Sikeston Jaycees' efforts have benefited the David M. Barton Family Center of the YMCA of Southeast Missouri, the Missouri Delta Medical Center, and the Sikeston Jaycees Dialysis Center, and the Kenny Rodgers CP Center.