- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
Senator Crowell Honors Sikeston Jaycees at Capitol
JEFFERSON CITY -- Senator Jason Crowell, R-Cape Girardeau, recently presented a Senate Resolution to a group of Sikeston Jaycees in Jefferson City. As of the 2009 Sikeston Jaycee Bootheel Rodeo, local Jaycee's have been able to invest more than $1 million back into the Sikeston community over a 10-year-period.
"This group of professionals works hard for months to put on the Bootheel Rodeo year after year, and their efforts are paying off significantly in the community," said. Sen. Crowell. "I congratulate them on their successes and thank them for making such a big difference in our area."
The Sikeston Jaycee Bootheel Rodeo is put on almost entirely by the Sikeston Jaycees. The event proceeds provide funds for community groups and projects, as well as serve as a tourism resource for the community. The Sikeston Jaycees' efforts have benefited the David M. Barton Family Center of the YMCA of Southeast Missouri, the Missouri Delta Medical Center, and the Sikeston Jaycees Dialysis Center, and the Kenny Rodgers CP Center.