- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Chaffee High arts students win first state title
Industrial arts students at Chaffee High School won their first state title during the Technology Education Association of Missouri competition at Lake Ozark, Mo.
The students competed against 400 projects from throughout Missouri and received the Best School Award. Chaffee students also received 10 grand awards, two perfect scores, 23 first-place rankings and four second-place rankings, according to a school news release. Scores are based on a test taken at the competition and skills demonstrated on the students' projects, which they make during the school year.
There is only one grand award per division. The following students received a grand award: Austin Fodge for digital altered photo, Houston Sexton for marquetry, Logan Lands for marquetry, Emily Hinton for digital photo and digital altered photo, Brennan Robinson for drafting, Jacob Atkinson for woodturning and Amber Hawkins for video production, computer numerical control and film photo.
517 W. Yoakum Ave. Chaffee, MO