- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Deadline is Thursday to apply for open Cape School Board seat
The deadline is approaching to apply for the open position on the Cape Girardeau School Board.
Letters of interest are due by 5 p.m. on Thursday. Dr. Steve Trautwein announced his resignation last month because he and his family are relocating to Seattle. Trautwein was appointed to the board in September 2001 and re-elected to three three-year terms. His current term is set to expire in April.
The board will appoint a replacement to start in June and serve until the April 2011 election. Candidates will be interviewed and chosen during open-session meetings, which is in accordance with district policy.
To qualify, applicants must be a U.S. citizen, a resident of the district, a resident of Missouri for at least one year and at least 24 years old. Letters can be submitted to Board Secretary, Cape Girardeau Public Schools, 301 N. Clark Ave., Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.