- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cow causes traffic accident near Millersville
A Cape Girardeau woman was injured Tuesday evening after the vehicle she was riding in hit a cow on Highway 72 near Millersville.
William E. Meyer, 73, of Cape Girardeau was driving a 2008 Chevrolet Uplander eastbound around 9 p.m. when the vehicle struck a cow. Upon impact the cow was thrown into the westbound lane, hitting a 2008 Chrysler driven by a 16-year-old girl from Marble Hill, Mo.
The passenger in the Chevrolet, Joan L. Meyer, 67, of Cape Girardeau was treated for minor injuries at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
The Chevrolet was totaled while the Chrysler sustained moderate damage.