- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Michael "Mike" M. Roberts, 62, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, May 23, 2005, as a result of a traffic accident.
He was born on Nov. 13, 1942, at Cape Girardeau, son of Maple B. and Thomza Proffer Roberts.
He was raised on the family farm at Millersville. He was a 1960 graduate of Smithville High School in Smithville, Mo.
He worked as a school bus driver, long-haul truck driver and for the parks department in Kansas City. Most recently he was a packing inspector at the Procter & Gamble plant in Cape Girardeau County.
He was a member of the Seventh Day Adventist Church in Cape Girardeau and worked with church youths.
Survivors include his stepmother, Ruthe Roberts of Jackson; a brother, Jim Roberts of Heber Springs, Ark.; and a stepsister, Paula Conder of Danville, Ill.
He was preceded in death by an infant brother.
Friends may call Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with pastor John Howells officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.