- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- The collateral damage of Mizzou's past failures (6/20/18)6
PHS PBS Winners for May
Perryville High School students and staff members were recently recognized for going above and beyond the PBS (Positive Behavior Support program) expectations for the month of May.
The students were issued Buccaneer Bucks by administrators and faculty members for demonstrating their exceptional behavior, which they then redeemed for a free homework pass, free admission to one athletic event, a free drink and snack from the concession stand, $1.00 off a library fine, or free admission to one school dance. Once redeemed, their Buccaneer Bucks were entered into the monthly PBS drawing.
The winners of the May drawing were: (from left) Dylan Callier, son of Michael and Christine Callier; Angela Brewer, daughter of Thomas Brewer and April Brewer; and Mia Pohlman, daughter of Paul and Jane Pohlman.
Teachers are also eligible for the monthly drawing for going above and beyond expectations. Recognized for the month of May was Erin Hunter and Nick Cowell.
All winners received a $10 gift certificate to Hoeckele Bakery.
(Photo by L. Boxdorfer, Perry County School Dist. No. 32)