- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
PHS PBS Winners for May
Perryville High School students and staff members were recently recognized for going above and beyond the PBS (Positive Behavior Support program) expectations for the month of May.
The students were issued Buccaneer Bucks by administrators and faculty members for demonstrating their exceptional behavior, which they then redeemed for a free homework pass, free admission to one athletic event, a free drink and snack from the concession stand, $1.00 off a library fine, or free admission to one school dance. Once redeemed, their Buccaneer Bucks were entered into the monthly PBS drawing.
The winners of the May drawing were: (from left) Dylan Callier, son of Michael and Christine Callier; Angela Brewer, daughter of Thomas Brewer and April Brewer; and Mia Pohlman, daughter of Paul and Jane Pohlman.
Teachers are also eligible for the monthly drawing for going above and beyond expectations. Recognized for the month of May was Erin Hunter and Nick Cowell.
All winners received a $10 gift certificate to Hoeckele Bakery.
(Photo by L. Boxdorfer, Perry County School Dist. No. 32)