- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
PHS PBS Winners for May
Perryville High School students and staff members were recently recognized for going above and beyond the PBS (Positive Behavior Support program) expectations for the month of May.
The students were issued Buccaneer Bucks by administrators and faculty members for demonstrating their exceptional behavior, which they then redeemed for a free homework pass, free admission to one athletic event, a free drink and snack from the concession stand, $1.00 off a library fine, or free admission to one school dance. Once redeemed, their Buccaneer Bucks were entered into the monthly PBS drawing.
The winners of the May drawing were: (from left) Dylan Callier, son of Michael and Christine Callier; Angela Brewer, daughter of Thomas Brewer and April Brewer; and Mia Pohlman, daughter of Paul and Jane Pohlman.
Teachers are also eligible for the monthly drawing for going above and beyond expectations. Recognized for the month of May was Erin Hunter and Nick Cowell.
All winners received a $10 gift certificate to Hoeckele Bakery.
(Photo by L. Boxdorfer, Perry County School Dist. No. 32)