- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape juniors win two in tournament
The Cape American Legion junior baseball team won two games in the Milton Nitsch Memorial Tournament at Jackson on Saturday.
Cape is 2-1 in the tournament after losing to Sikeston in its opening game.
The championship is set for 7 p.m. today.
Cape defeated Kirkwood 12-9 behind four hits from Garrett Stephens, who had two doubles, a home run and three RBI. Chris Brotherton and Brett Heischmidt added three hits apiece. Tyler Propst picked up the pitching win, and Brotherton earned the save.
In the second game, Cape beat Florissant 12-5. Brotherton earned the win on the mound, striking out 10 batters in seven innings. Heischmidt had three hits, Abe Dirnberger had two hits and three RBI, and Kory Kitchen added two hits for Cape.