- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Reward offered for reporting drunken drivers
VALPARAISO, Ind. -- Porter County officials are offering a bounty for tips about drunken drivers over Memorial Day weekend.
"I hope it encourages people to call the police when they see unsafe driving," said Michael Grennes, chairman of the Porter County Drunk Driving Task Force.
The tip-line was operating last Memorial Day weekend, too. County officials say four people reported drunken drivers and claimed their rewards.
Besides offering the rewards, the task force is paying for police departments throughout Porter County to have extra officers out whose sole responsibility is to look for drunken drivers.