- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Principal not happy about senior prank
DELEON SPRINGS, Fla.-- The high school seniors thought they were pulling a memorable graduation prank when they sneaked into the school one morning and covered the toilet seats with plastic wrap and greased up the door handles.
They even left a note for the principal that read, "We love you, Mr. Pearson."
But Mr. Pearson wasn't amused -- he canceled the graduation ceremony and ordered the school's senior class to stay home the last six days of school.
"They have to learn self-control," said Lighthouse Christian Academy Principal Luke Pearson.
Early last Thursday, seven of the school's eight seniors sneaked into the school and pulled off their prank. They even replaced the desk in Pearson's office with a child-sized version.
Some parents and students said the punishment was too harsh.