- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Barge hits, briefly closes Ohio River bridge
The U.S. 51 Ohio River bridge between Wickliffe, Ky., and Cairo, Ill., was closed briefly this morning after a barge struck the structure.
According to a news release from the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, the bridge was closed to highway traffic around 2:40 a.m. today. After inspection the bridge was reopened around 4 a.m. and sustained no damage, according to public information officer Keith Todd.
The U.S. Coast Guard reported that shortly after the incident the Cairo airport reported winds at 21 m.p.h., with gusts to 28 m.p.h., Todd said.