- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
High school roundup: Notre Dame soccer slips past Central 1-0
Senior Meghan Dohogne took a pass from junior Allyson Bradshaw and buried it to lift Notre Dame past Central 1-0 in girls soccer action Monday.
Lindsey Strieker recorded the shutout for the Bulldogs (9-9).
The loss dropped the Tigers to 2-13.
Mehlville 2, Jackson 1
Kasey Crowden scored for the Indians as they dropped to 14-4 this season.
Morgan Riddick and Brooke Sanders split time in goal for Jackson.
Dexter 166, Notre Dame 171, Central 177
Freshman Cody Cox shot a 40 to lead the Bulldogs to a second-place finish at Bent Creek Golf Course.
Alex Kantchev paced the Tigers with a 43.
Dexter -- Jon Bowman, Chance Holden 41, Logan Robey 41, Cody Stevens 46
Notre Dame -- Cody Cox 40, Gunnar Knudtson 41, Jake Seabaugh 45, Jake Janet 45
Central -- Alex Kantchev 43, Trent Weaver 44, Cory Connell 45, Corey Fowler 45
Oak Ridge 5, Shawnee, Ill. 0
Garret Light belted a two-run double in the seventh inning to lead the Blue Jays to the road win.
Brett Thomas struck out nine and walked one over 6 2/3 innings. Light recorded the final out on the mound.
Logan Mangels knocked in a run during Oak Ridge's five-run seventh.
WP -- Brett Thomas. LP -- Pennington. 2B -- Garret Light (OR). Records -- Oak Ridge 9-10.
-- From staff reports