- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Western swing showcase set for Thursday, Friday, Saturday in Cape
The Western Swing Music Society of the Southwest will present its sixth annual Western Swing Music Showcase from Thursday to Saturday at VFW Post 3838 in Cape Girardeau.
Music will be performed by the Western Swing Music Society of the Southwest and other bands. Admission is free from 2 p.m. to 11 p.m. Thursday. Friday and Saturday performances will be from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
The Western Swing Music Society of the Southwest was founded locally in 1998 to preserve Western swing music. During the showcase, the society raises money for scholarships for young musicians interested in keeping Western swing traditions alive.
For more information, contact Bob Dole at 334-1377.
1049 N. Kighshighway, Cape Girardeau, MO