- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Mrs. Linda Sue Reichert Green, 67, of Grand Chain, Ill., entered into eternal life Saturday, May 8, 2010. She departed this life surrounded by family and friends in her family home, the same home in which she was born.
Linda was born Sept. 13, 1942, daughter of Herman Otto "Pete" Reichert of Grand Chain and Audrey Marie Brand Reichert of Cairo, Ill. Linda married Terry Gordon Green of Forman, Ill., Sept. 4, 1965.
She received a bachelor of science degree in education from Murray State University in 1964. She was an elementary teacher 38 years, teaching first at Thistlewood Elementary in Mounds, Ill., then at Fairfax County, Va., two years, and Belleville, Ill., two years.
She and her husband Terry moved back to Grand Chain in 1970, where she resided until her death.
Linda taught at Meridian Elementary School in Mounds until retiring in 2002. A dedicated and devoted teacher, she influenced the lives of countless students.
She was a lifelong parishioner of St. Catherine Catholic Church in Grand Chain. She was an avid golfer and enjoyed riding horses in her younger years. In later years she enjoyed collecting horses, gardening, and spending time with friends and family, especially with her three beloved grandchildren.
Survivors include her husband of nearly 45 years, Terry Green of Grand Chain; her children, Clint Green of Grand Chain, Bret and Katie Green of Metropolis, Ill.; grandchildren, Dylan, Drew and Dane Green of Metropolis; a sister and brother-in-law, Mary Joyce Reichert and James Whalen of St. Louis; beloved nieces, nephews and cousins.
Linda was preceded in death by her parents, Herman Otto "Pete" and Audrey Marie Brand Reichert of Grand Chain, and a brother, John Clinton Reichert of Los Angeles.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. today at Wilson Funeral Home in Karnak, Ill. The rosary and prayers will be at 8.
Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Catherine of Alexandria Catholic Church in Grand Chain. Monsignor William P. McGhee of Belleville will be the principal celebrant, and the Rev. Phillip W. DeVous of Bellevue, Ky., will concelebrate. Interment will be in St. Catherine Cemetery in Grand Chain.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society, Hope Lodge, 4215 Lindell Blvd., St. Louis, MO, 63108. Envelopes and memorial cards for the celebration of Masses will be available at the funeral home and at the church.