- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Ruie Evelyn Thompson, 91, of Peru, Ill., formerly of Scott City, died Saturday, May 8, 2010, at Illinois Valley Community Hospital in Peru.
She was born Dec. 26, 1918, in Cape Girardeau, to William M. and Dora Mae Henderson Jackson. She and Rudy Martin Thompson were married Feb. 23, 1935, at Benton, Mo. He preceded her in death Sept. 18, 1983.
She was an overworked mother and housewife and a member of Illmo Baptist Church in Scott City.
Survivors include six sons, Gene (Faye) Thompson of Scott City, Frank (Glenda) Thompson of Seneca, Ill., Robert (Beverly) Thompson of Ottawa, Ill., Tom (Stephanie) Thompson of Naplate, Ill., Glenn (Susie) Thompson of Dayton, Ill., Richard (Diane) Thompson of McClure, Ill.; two daughters, Shirley Alexander of Kissimmee, Fla., and Delores Thompson of Peru.
Also four brothers, Orley (Betty) Jackson, Harvey "Hop" Jackson and "Billy Gene" Jackson, all of Scott City, Jerry Jackson of Streator, Ill.; four sisters, Ruby Tackett of Zalma, Mo., Mary Lindner of Kalamazoo, Mich., Hazel Jackson and Eula Jackson of Chicago; 30 grandchildren; 43 great-grandchildren; and six great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three sons, Donald, Rudy and Virgil; a daughter, Cynthia; three brothers, three sisters, three grandchildren, three great-grandchildren, and a great-great-grandchild.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Illmo Baptist Church in Scott City with the Rev. Bob Herring officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery in Scott City.