- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Evelyn L. "Babe" Carnell, 72, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, May 7, 2010, at her home.
She was born March 12, 1938, at Grayridge, Mo., to John and Mary Jones Bowers.
She and Clarence Carnell were married Nov. 17, 1957, at Hernando, Miss. He died March 14, 2010.
Evelyn worked in the family business, Carnell's Garage & Wrecker Service, since 1966 as owner and secretary. She previously worked at Saint Francis Medical Center 15 years and at the Cape Girardeau County Courthouse.
She was a member of First Presbyterian Church of Jackson.
Survivors include two sons, Mark Carnell of Dutchtown, Craig (Stacy) Carnell of Gordonville; stepson, Bill (Mabel) Carnell of Jackson; daughter, Christey (Mitch) Heath of Jackson; three brothers, Estell Bowers of Gordonville, L.D. Bowers of Puxico, Mo., Paul Bowers of Rockford, Ill.; two sisters, Doris Darris of Black Rock, Ark., Bernice Tubbs of Bastrop, La.; 13 grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, Tonya Goodin, on Sept. 19, 2001; her husband; her parents; three brothers; and a sister.
Friends may call 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Grant Gillard officiating.
Entombment will follow at Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be given to American Cancer Society, 106 Farrar Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.