- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Strattman to step down as principal at St. Mary (4/28/17)1
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
Mothers are ...
By Nicholas Gordon
Mothers are the place where love
Emerges from the earth,
And happiness rings out like bells
In honor of our birth.
Mothers are the sun that lights
For life our inner sky,
So we may know that we are loved
And need not question why.
Mothers are the moon that shines
Upon our black despair,
So even when we weep, we know
That someone's always there.
Whatever fear, or stress, or pain
Might them to anger move,
We know that underneath the storm
We have, always, their love.