- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ZALMA, Mo. -- Norman Earl Bennett, 71, of Zalma passed away Tuesday, May 4, 2010, at Puxico Nursing Home.
He was born March 28, 1939, in Bollinger County, Mo., son of Willie and Cleta Lemons Bennett. He and Elizabeth Burkman were married March 22, 1962, at Arab, Mo.
Norman was an auctioneer and sawmill and timber worker.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Bobby Dale (Kim) Bennett, Norman Darrell (Serina) Bennett, Bryan Earl (Jennie) Bennett, all of Zalma; a brother, Bobby Bennett of Marble Hill, Mo.; four sisters, Wilma Masterson of Marble Hill, Rachel Borders of Gipsy, Mo., Martha Blankenship of Dexter, Mo., Ruth Moit of Zalma; five grandchildren, Kaci Bennett Walker, Kalie Bennett, Abigail Bennett, Dakota Lawson and Evan Schrader.
He was preceded in death by a son, Randy Bennett; two brothers, Therman and Ivan Bennett; and two sisters, Juanita Winchester and Virginia Bennett.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance, Mo., with the Rev. Ronnie Winchester officiating. Burial will be in Berrong Cemetery near Zalma.