- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)5
Something to do
Today is First Friday in Cape Girardeau. This means there are special events scheduled that happen every first Friday of the month.
Early this morning, at the Plaza by Ray's (behind Holiday Inn Express) teams from this year's Leadership Cape class will present ideas for community projects at the Cape Girardeau Area Chamber of Commerce First Friday Coffee. Tonight, art venues throughout the city will have special displays.
If you're looking for something to do, there's a quick way to check: visit semoevents.com, the Southeast Missourian's online calendar of events. There's a big selection.
For example, there's Old Town Cape's home-and-garden tour downtown Saturday. Baseball fans can watch the Southern Illinois Miners play the River City Rascals at Capaha Park, also on Saturday.
Then there's the farmers market every Thursday afternoon, and Tunes at Twilight starting May 14. If you're a garage-sale bargain hunter, you won't want to miss the community garage sale May 15 at the Osage Community Centre. May 15 also is the fifth anniversary the Missouri Conservation Department Nature Center at Cape County Park North.
Something to do? You bet.