- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Jackson police looking for man who stole car from power plant
The Jackson Police Department was still searching Wednesday for a suspect who broke into the city's power plant and stole an old police car around 4 a.m. Tuesday.
The water distribution center in Jackson was also broken into, said Sgt. Scott Eakers, although nothing was stolen.
Eakers said the suspect, a heavyset man, climbed over the fence to gain entry to the Jackson Power Plant at 420 Florence St.
"It's only one person we see on the video," Eakers said. "He walks around, gets into a city car, backs it out and drives it through a gate."
A maintenance worker heard the suspect drive through the gate and contacted police.
Officers located the stolen vehicle on Perryville Road in Cape Girardeau about three hours after the incident.
Anyone with information important to the investigation can contact Jackson police at 243-3151.
420 Florence Street, Jackson, MO