PHS Elks Student of the Month for May
The following story has been submitted by a user of semissourian.com. To submit your own story to the site, click here.
Monday, May 3, 2010
The Perryville High School Elks Student of the Month for May is Andrew Martin, son of Tom and Donna Martin. Pictured with Andrew is Elks Representative Paul Turner (left) and PHS Assistant Principal Craig Hayden.
While in high school, Andrew has been involved in the following clubs and organizations:
* Student Council (Gr. 9-12 and secretary Gr. 9-11)
* NHS (National Honor Society) (Gr. 12)
* PSI (Postponing Sexual Involvement) (Gr. 12)
* Friends of Education (Gr. 12)
* Future Business Leaders of America (Gr. 12)
* Football (Gr. 9-12 and captain Gr. 12)
* Basketball (Gr. 9-12 and captain Gr. 12)
* Baseball (Gr. 9-12)
* A+ Tutoring (Gr. 12)
Andrew's honors and awards include:
* Scholar Athlete 2006-2009
* All Conference Tight End 2008 & 2009
* All Conference Line Backer 2009
* All Southeast Missourian Line Backer 2009
* JCAA Athletic Academic Award 2006-07
* National Society of High School Scholars 2008
* Mr. PHS 2010
Following graduation, Andrew plans to attend community college to pursue a degree in business and then attend a four-year college and earn a degree in finance.
(Photo by L. Boxdorfer, Perry County School Dist. No. 32)