- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Wet field conditions claim Southeast baseball opener vs. Murray State
Southeast Missouri State will play an abbreviated Ohio Valley Conference baseball series for the second weekend in a row.
Due to wet field conditions and the threat of more rain, Saturday's scheduled doubleheader against Murray State at Capaha Field was canceled.
That means at best the teams will play two contests of their scheduled three-games series.
Weather permitting, the squads will have an 11:30 a.m. doubleheader Sunday consisting of two seven-inning games.
The Redhawks also played just a Sunday doubleheader last week at Jacksonville (Ala.) State after rain wiped out the first day of the series.
Southeast, 26-15 overall, leads the nine-team OVC with a 10-4 record. Murray State (19-21, 6-5) is tied for third place.