- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda 5/3/10
7 p.m. Monday
401 Independence St.
* A public hearing to consider the request of Jonah T. and Margaret A. Yates to zone the property at 2952 Perryville Road to R-1, single-family suburban residential district.
* An ordinance authorizing the mayor to execute a permanent utility easement to Union Electric Co. for the relocation of electric lines between Kingsway Drive and Kingshighway.
* An ordinance amending Chapters 5 and 15 of the Code of Ordinances regarding license applicants with delinquent city accounts.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Kingsway Subdivision.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Spears Subdivision.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Jason's Subdivision.
* An ordinance authorizing the mayor to execute a quitclaim deed to SEMO Land LLC for excess right-of-way property along Lexington Avenue.
* An ordinance annexing three acres at 2952 Perryville Road upon the request of Jonah T. and Margaret A. Yates.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute Addendum No. 2 to amendment No. 1 to the General Services Agreement for Engineering Services with Crawford, Bunte and Brammeier for the Armstrong Drive project.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a $1.32 million agreement with Fronabarger Concreters Inc. for the Veterans Memorial Drive Improvement Project.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an agreement for professional design services with Philip B. Smith, Architect LLC, for roof and boiler replacement at Fire Station No. 1.
* A motion releasing $35,710 of the escrow agreement for Boulder Crest Estates covering the cost of the storm-water improvements.
* A motion accepting the improvements for the Meadows of Whispering Oaks "E" Sewer contingent upon the receipt of as-built drawings of the improvements.
* Approval of a temporary retail liquor by-the-drink license for Jody R. Geiser, d/b/a Humane Society of Southeast Missouri, for an event to be held May 22 and 23 at the Arena Building.
* Approval of the following liquor license renewals.
Original package liquor:
Pajco Inc., d/b/a Rhodes 101 Stop, 1620 N. Kingshighway
Original package liquor and Sunday sales:
Pajco Inc., d/b/a Rhodes 101 Stop, 449 S. Kingshighway
Pajco Inc., d/b/a Rhodes 101 Stop, 2109 William St.
Pajco Inc., d/b/a Rhodes 101 Stop, 10 S. West End Blvd.
Pajco Inc., d/b/a Rhodes 101 Stop, 546 S. Sprigg St.
Pajco Inc., d/b/a Rhodes 101 Stop, 1126 N. Sprigg St.
Pajco Inc., d/b/a Rhodes 101 Stop, 1624 N. Kingshighway
Lorene Samson, d/b/a Walgreens No. 3338, 1 S. Kingshighway
Original package liquor and wine tasting:
Pajco, Inc. d/b/a Primo Vino!, 1610 N. Kingshighway, Suite 105
Wholesalers of intoxicating liquor-all kinds
Thilenius Distributing Co. Inc., d/b/a River Eagle Distributing Co., 2346 Rust Ave.
* Conditional approval of the following liquor license renewals:
Original package liquor and Sunday sales:
Pajco Inc., d/b/a Sunset Spirits & Smoke Shoppe, 1008 N. Kingshighway
Pajco Inc., d/b/a Jaspers, 407 Morgan Oak St.
Lorene Samson d/b/a Wal-Mart Supercenter No. 188, 3439 William St.
Original package liquor, Sunday sales and wine tasting:
Lorene Samson, d/b/a Sam's Club No. 6479, 232 Shirley Drive
5 percent beer by-the-drink:
P.H. of Cape Girardeau, MO Inc., d/b/a Pizza Hut, 215 S. Kingshighway
Retail liquor by the drink:
Patricia A. Allen, d/b/a Celebrations Downtown, 19 S. Spanish St.
Patricia A. Allen, d/b/a Celebrations, 615 Bellevue St.
Retail liquor by the drink and Sunday sales:
William D. Stoffel, d/b/a Fraternal Order Eagles No. 3775, 321 N. Spring St.
* An ordinance rezoning 2952 Perryville Road as an R-1 single-family suburban residential district.
* An ordinance amending the boundaries of Ward 4 to include annexed properties.
* Appointment to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
* Appointment to the Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.