- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Olivia M. Williams, 94, of Chaffee died Friday, April 30, 2010, at Monticello House in Jackson.
She was born Sept. 28, 1915, at Dutchtown, daughter of Martin and Nellie Miller Fredrick. She and Ralph C. Williams were married Aug. 27, 1949. He preceded her in death Jan. 28, 1988.
Olivia was a machine operator with Bukstein Pants Factory in Chaffee, and later retired as head cook at Chaffee Grade School. She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee, Daughters of St. Ambrose and Ladies Auxiliary of Chaffee VFW Post 3127.
Survivors include two sons, Gerald Williams of Chaffee, Wayne (Mary) Chapman of Delta; a stepson, Rex (Marie) Williams of Chaffee; four grandsons, Jason (Amanda) Chapman and Jeremy (Tyree) Chapman, all of Chaffee, Kevin (Gena) Williams of Newburgh, Ind., Todd Williams of Miller City, Ill.; a brother, Russell Fredrick of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Melva Levy of Millstadt, Ill.; eight great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandson.
She was preceded in death by her parents, four sisters and three brothers.
Visitation will be after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee. The parish rosary will be at 6:30.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Ambrose Church, with the Rev. Ralph Duffner officiating. Burial will be in St. Ambrose Cemetery.