- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)14
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
Iraq War comes at a huge price
To the editor:
According to some members of the current administration, America invaded Iraq with questionable intelligence and without adequate research of Islamic frame of reference or attention to creditable military advice.
The future now portends a possible civil war, creating a continuing need for American expenditures of money (borrowed from international creditors and the Social Security trust fund) along with the blood of America's finest.
GILBERT DEGENHARDT, Cape Girardeau