- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Speak Out 5/2/10
THANK you, Arizona, for doing what the federal government is failing to do. I will spend my vacation money in your state this summer.
NOVEMBER 2010 and 2012 can't get here soon enough. Hope and change had their chance. It's time to get back to reality.
IF rendition, torture, domestic spying and the Iraq war are wrong, then President Obama needn't wait to end these atrocities. However, most intelligent people realize that the aforementioned were only atrocities in the eyes of Democrats when they were being perpetuated by a Republican.
Maintain gravel roads
I do not want my road blacktopped as do many county residents. Start hauling gravel, grading and mowing our roads. In other words, start maintaining our gravel roads. Stop saving back the money and giving it to the select few who want blacktop.
A Goldman Sachs profiteer named Fabrice Tourre claimed in testimony that the average American doesn't understand the sophisticated financial instruments with which he deals. Fabrice can make fun of the intelligence of the American people if he wants, but I think the average American perfectly understands the nature of those who make huge amounts of money by betting that other Americans will fail in their quest to live the American dream.
Support for reform
RIGHT on. I hope Republicans take David Limbaugh's advice and keep railing against Wall Street reform -- reform being something two-thirds of the American people support.
IN criticizing a market system where the competitors are required to play by certain rules, David Limbaugh wrote, "Please tell me one capitalist who believes that a free market is synonymous with a license to steal." OK. Bernie Madoff.
IF the voice of students doesn't matter, why should they have to pay taxes here? They generate revenue for the city, so why can't they have a say in the political structure of the city?