- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Day of Prayer event Thursday
Almighty God not only blessed America with spacious skies and fruited plains, but with dedicated and determined Founders who sought God's wisdom and direction as they put together the world's greatest human document, the U.S. Constitution. The Constitution is a pathway and guarantee for all citizens to enjoy personal freedom and the right to honor our creator.
Cape Girardeau's celebration of National Day of Prayer will be from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. Thursday at Cape First with Pastor Gary Brothers hosting. Pastor Mark Anderson of Lynwood Baptist Church and Pastor Ron Watts of La Croix United Methodist Church will assist in leading the event.
Midwestern roots run deep with faith and patriotism. Political correctness should not stand in our way of worshipping in public arenas. Let's fulfill the Rev. Franklin Graham's prayer, "May our nation acknowledge that all good things come from the Father above."
Hope to see you Thursday at Cape First.
MARY LEE RASMUSSEN, Cape Girardeau