- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Janet Koenig creates painted quilts to add flair to local barns (10/13/17)
A grateful veteran says thanks
I am an 80-year-old Marine Corps veteran, and I would like to address health care and my experience with it.
The VA clinic in Cape Girardeau and the the John J. Pershing VA Medical Center in Poplar Bluff have been outstanding about meeting my health needs.
The doctor and nurse always take time to address my health needs. They are truly concerned about my well-being.
I've been a diabetic since 1990. I've received glasses, shoes, hearing aids, medicine and dental work. My appointments have always been accommodating for me. The waiting time has always been minimal.
To the whole VA staff in Cape Girardeau and Poplar Bluff, this is one veteran who appreciates all the care you provide.
When you see a veterans cemetery or visit a military museum, think about the equity that was paid for your freedom. It seems the public and the politicians are not spending it very wisely today.
I would also like to commend taxpayers for the service to veterans like me. May God bless and keep each and all of you.
WILLIAM C. HANCOCK, Scott City