- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Rep. Lichtenegger proposes change to term limits (12/4/17)7
- Fire displaces family of seven (12/5/17)1
- Buffalo Wild Wings moving to new location in March (12/2/17)2
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
A grateful veteran says thanks
I am an 80-year-old Marine Corps veteran, and I would like to address health care and my experience with it.
The VA clinic in Cape Girardeau and the the John J. Pershing VA Medical Center in Poplar Bluff have been outstanding about meeting my health needs.
The doctor and nurse always take time to address my health needs. They are truly concerned about my well-being.
I've been a diabetic since 1990. I've received glasses, shoes, hearing aids, medicine and dental work. My appointments have always been accommodating for me. The waiting time has always been minimal.
To the whole VA staff in Cape Girardeau and Poplar Bluff, this is one veteran who appreciates all the care you provide.
When you see a veterans cemetery or visit a military museum, think about the equity that was paid for your freedom. It seems the public and the politicians are not spending it very wisely today.
I would also like to commend taxpayers for the service to veterans like me. May God bless and keep each and all of you.
WILLIAM C. HANCOCK, Scott City