- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)10
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
A grateful veteran says thanks
I am an 80-year-old Marine Corps veteran, and I would like to address health care and my experience with it.
The VA clinic in Cape Girardeau and the the John J. Pershing VA Medical Center in Poplar Bluff have been outstanding about meeting my health needs.
The doctor and nurse always take time to address my health needs. They are truly concerned about my well-being.
I've been a diabetic since 1990. I've received glasses, shoes, hearing aids, medicine and dental work. My appointments have always been accommodating for me. The waiting time has always been minimal.
To the whole VA staff in Cape Girardeau and Poplar Bluff, this is one veteran who appreciates all the care you provide.
When you see a veterans cemetery or visit a military museum, think about the equity that was paid for your freedom. It seems the public and the politicians are not spending it very wisely today.
I would also like to commend taxpayers for the service to veterans like me. May God bless and keep each and all of you.
WILLIAM C. HANCOCK, Scott City