- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Mollie Johnson, 93, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, May 16, 2005, at Fountainbleau Lodge.
She was born Feb. 5, 1912, in Independence County, Ark., daughter of Edward Moss and Georgeann Cathey Montgomery. She married David Kern Johnson, who preceded her in death.
Johnson was a member of Maple United Methodist Church and United Methodist Women in Cape Girardeau. She was formerly of Batesville, Ark.
Survivors include two daughters, Ina Mann of Cape Girardeau, Betty Nichols of Warsaw, Ky.; two sisters, Alma Lassiter of Cave City, Ark., Audrey Roach of Sandtown, Ark.; four grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and three sisters.
The funeral was held May 19 at Roller-Crouch-McGee Funeral Home in Cave City, with J.W. Roach officiating. Burial was in Roselawn Memorial Gardens in Batesville.
Announcement courtesy of Ford and Sons Funeral Home.