- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Lunch to raise money for children's tent
The fundraising banquet for the children's tent at ArtsCape has been changed to a lunch-only event. The benefit, organized by the Cadmium River Group, will raise money to purchase extra materials for the children's tent. The lunch buffet will be available for $15 between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday, with proceeds going to the event. ArtsCape will be May 22 in Capaha Park.
Guitar ensembles to perform at Shuck
The Southeast Guitar Ensemble, made up of students at Southeast Missouri State University, will join with the Cape Girardeau Central Junior High Guitar Ensemble for a recital of classical and contemporary pieces for guitar. The Central ensemble will perform first, then the Southeast ensemble will join the group for Jonathon Leathwood's "The Bells of St. Anne's" and "Dervishes." Southeast will close the show, which starts at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the Shuck Recital Hall. Tickets are $8 and are available at the box office, MetroTix outlets, www.metrotix.com or by calling 651-2265 or 800-293-5949.
-- From staff reports