- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Local Jackson football hero to present honors
A local Jackson football star, quarterback John Jackson will be performing the Military Honors and rose prsentation to the winner at the Kentucky Derby this Saturday.
Former standout quarterback John Jackson, currently living in Louisville Kentucky,is now serving as a sargent in the United States Marines. He has been with the military for five years and has served a tour in Iraq along with other military performances that has allowed him this high honor.
Sargent Jackson was the starting quarterback for the Indians in 2001 and leading them to a remarkable 10-1 season.
John has since married Nashota Jackson and has two children, Carter & Lauralie. Johns mother Pam is currently living in St. Charles Missouri and is a former teacher from the Woodland school district.