- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
Local Jackson football hero to present honors
A local Jackson football star, quarterback John Jackson will be performing the Military Honors and rose prsentation to the winner at the Kentucky Derby this Saturday.
Former standout quarterback John Jackson, currently living in Louisville Kentucky,is now serving as a sargent in the United States Marines. He has been with the military for five years and has served a tour in Iraq along with other military performances that has allowed him this high honor.
Sargent Jackson was the starting quarterback for the Indians in 2001 and leading them to a remarkable 10-1 season.
John has since married Nashota Jackson and has two children, Carter & Lauralie. Johns mother Pam is currently living in St. Charles Missouri and is a former teacher from the Woodland school district.