- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
Local Jackson football hero to present honors
A local Jackson football star, quarterback John Jackson will be performing the Military Honors and rose prsentation to the winner at the Kentucky Derby this Saturday.
Former standout quarterback John Jackson, currently living in Louisville Kentucky,is now serving as a sargent in the United States Marines. He has been with the military for five years and has served a tour in Iraq along with other military performances that has allowed him this high honor.
Sargent Jackson was the starting quarterback for the Indians in 2001 and leading them to a remarkable 10-1 season.
John has since married Nashota Jackson and has two children, Carter & Lauralie. Johns mother Pam is currently living in St. Charles Missouri and is a former teacher from the Woodland school district.