- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)2
Local Jackson football hero to present honors
A local Jackson football star, quarterback John Jackson will be performing the Military Honors and rose prsentation to the winner at the Kentucky Derby this Saturday.
Former standout quarterback John Jackson, currently living in Louisville Kentucky,is now serving as a sargent in the United States Marines. He has been with the military for five years and has served a tour in Iraq along with other military performances that has allowed him this high honor.
Sargent Jackson was the starting quarterback for the Indians in 2001 and leading them to a remarkable 10-1 season.
John has since married Nashota Jackson and has two children, Carter & Lauralie. Johns mother Pam is currently living in St. Charles Missouri and is a former teacher from the Woodland school district.