- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
Local Jackson football hero to present honors
A local Jackson football star, quarterback John Jackson will be performing the Military Honors and rose prsentation to the winner at the Kentucky Derby this Saturday.
Former standout quarterback John Jackson, currently living in Louisville Kentucky,is now serving as a sargent in the United States Marines. He has been with the military for five years and has served a tour in Iraq along with other military performances that has allowed him this high honor.
Sargent Jackson was the starting quarterback for the Indians in 2001 and leading them to a remarkable 10-1 season.
John has since married Nashota Jackson and has two children, Carter & Lauralie. Johns mother Pam is currently living in St. Charles Missouri and is a former teacher from the Woodland school district.