- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SIU official finalist for university job in Mo.
CARBONDALE, Ill. (AP) -- An administrator at Southern Illinois University's flagship campus in Carbondale is one of two finalists for a university presidency in neighboring Missouri.
Larry Dietz has been vice chancellor for student affairs in Carbondale since 2000. He's vying with Charles Ambrose of Pfeiffer University in Misenheimer, N.C., for the top job at the University of Central Missouri.
Dietz visited that 11,000-student school Monday for a forum and brief tour.
It isn't clear when Central Missouri might fill the position.
Dietz was nominated for that job and was among roughly 40 candidates, then seven semifinalists.
Information from: Southern Illinoisan, http://www.southernillinoisan.com