- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Miles rejoins Cardinals with minor-league contract
ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Cardinals backup catcher Jason LaRue has been activated from the 15-day disabled list after recovering from a right hamstring injury.
The Cardinals also announced Tuesday they had signed infielder Aaron Miles to a minor league contract. Miles was a member of the Cardinals team that won the 2006 World Series.
Rookie catcher Bryan Anderson was optioned to Class AAA Memphis to make room for LaRue, who was injured running the bases. Anderson's pinch-hit double was the tying hit Monday night in a 4-3 victory over the Atlanta Braves.
The 33-year-old Miles was one of the Cincinnati Reds' final cuts this spring. The switch-hitter batted .289 in three seasons for the Cardinals, including a career-best .317 average in 2008.
-- Associated Press