- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Eva "Irene" Hart, 78, of Delta went to be with the Lord on Friday, April 23, 2010, at The Lutheran Home.
She was born March 6, 1932, in Elvins, Mo., to the late Thomas and Grace Midget Johnson. She married David Hart on June 18, 1952.
She was a member of the First Baptist Church in Delta and a machine operator for the Florsheim Shoe Co. in Chaffee, Mo.
She was later a machine operator for Thorngate Ltd. in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include her husband of 57 years, David; two sons, David (Suzanne) Hart Jr. of Sikeston, Mo., Jesse (Susan) Hart of St. Louis; two daughters, Madonna Sanders of Tulsa, Okla., Laura Brady of Zanesville, Ohio; five grandchildren, Erica (Matt) Mibach, Jenne (Zach) Parker, both of Columbia, Mo., Aaron (Angie) Sanders, James Sanders, both of Cape Girardeau, Mya Barnes of St. Louis; a great-granddaughter, Maddox Milbach of Columbia; and four sisters, Alma (Donald) Woodcock of Ironton, Mo., Nancy (Bob) Twidell of Farmington, Mo., Annabelle Underwood and Barbara (Bill) Ross, both of Park Hills, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her parents, one brother and four sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at First Baptist Church in Delta.
The funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the church with the Rev. Eric Hodge officiating.
Burial will be in the Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, Mo.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the First Baptist kitchen remodel fund in Delta.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee is in charge of services.