- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Eva "Irene" Hart, 78, of Delta went to be with the Lord on Friday, April 23, 2010, at The Lutheran Home.
She was born March 6, 1932, in Elvins, Mo., to the late Thomas and Grace Midget Johnson. She married David Hart on June 18, 1952.
She was a member of the First Baptist Church in Delta and a machine operator for the Florsheim Shoe Co. in Chaffee, Mo.
She was later a machine operator for Thorngate Ltd. in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include her husband of 57 years, David; two sons, David (Suzanne) Hart Jr. of Sikeston, Mo., Jesse (Susan) Hart of St. Louis; two daughters, Madonna Sanders of Tulsa, Okla., Laura Brady of Zanesville, Ohio; five grandchildren, Erica (Matt) Mibach, Jenne (Zach) Parker, both of Columbia, Mo., Aaron (Angie) Sanders, James Sanders, both of Cape Girardeau, Mya Barnes of St. Louis; one granddaughter, Maddox Milbach of Columbia; and four sisters, Alma (Donald) Woodcock of Ironton, Mo., Nancy (Bob) Twidell of Farmington, Mo., Annabelle Underwood and Barbara (Bill) Ross, both of Park Hills, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her parents, one brother and four sisters.
Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at First Baptist Church in Delta.
The funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the church with the Rev. Eric Hodge officiating.
Burial will be in the Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, Mo.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the First Baptist kitchen remodel fund in Delta.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee is in charge of services.