- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
I JUST wanted to fix an error in the article about the Jackson and Notre Dame baseball game. Notre Dame defeated Jackson earlier in the year 2-0, not 2-1. Thank you.
(Thank you for the correct information. The Southeast Missourian regrets the error.)
TO THE fan complaining about Southeast Missouri State baseball, you are telling the absolute truth. It's not hard to scout SEMO's pitchers, and it's much easier to hit a ball when you know what's coming down the pike. In my mind, the pitch selection is unimaginative and predictable. Now, if someone as stupid as I am can figure this out, I know the coaches from the other team can, too.
A pair of champions
I WOULD like to congratulate the Jackson baseball team and the Jackson soccer team for winning the district championships. Way to go, Indians.
Coaches and teachers
MY SON says he hates baseball because of a bad experience with a coach. One bad apple can have an influence on a young mind. You wouldn't want to send your child to a bad teacher in school, and a person shouldn't have to deal with a bad coach, which in all practical purposes is the same as a teacher.
HEY SPORTS writers, check into why Southeast Missouri State couldn't give a local boys basketball player a scholarship. If Southeast has given out all of their scholarships, why didn't they recruit this local boy earlier? I am sick and tired of Southeast getting so many players from far away. Many times, they have problems and make the coach look foolish for bringing them here in the first place. Wake up, Southeast, you have talent in your backyard. That goes for men's and women's sports.