- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Hubert Hill, 87, of Morehouse died Friday, May 20, 2005, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston.
He was born Feb. 4, 1918, at Wardell, Mo., son of Joe and Addie Hill. He and Margaret Elliott were married Dec. 11, 1956, in Holly Springs, Miss.
In 1951, Hill moved to Morehouse, where he was a former custodian for Morehouse schools. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II. He was a member of the Morehouse General Baptist Church and the American Legion.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Rick Hill of Essex, Mo., Ted Elliott of Sikeston; two daughters, Alleen Eakers and Liz McNew, both of Morehouse; a sister, Aline Scott of Morehouse; 12 grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two sons, a grandson, three brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today at Watkins and Sons Funeral Home in Morehouse.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Frank Breeden officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery in Sikeston.