- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Stormy weather postpones vintage baseball game
Bad weather has postponed a vintage baseball game scheduled for today in Jackson.
Russ Wright, general manager of the Clarkes vintage baseball team of Murphysboro, Ill., said he hopes to schedule a new date this year for his squad to play a group of local men at Jackson City Park. More details on the new date could come as early as this week, Wright said.
The game was to feature the Clarkes dressed in 19th-century-style uniforms playing according to rules and terminology from that era.