- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ANNA, Ill. -- James "Jim" Hardway, 76, of Anna died Friday, May 20, 2005, at his home.
He was born Nov. 28, 1928, at Oakland, Ill., son of Cecil and Bonnie Mullis Hardway. He and Leota L. "Jeri" Landis were married Oct. 21, 1972, in Carpentersville, Ill.
Hardway went into the ministry in 1978 and pastored at several churches including Adams-Friendship Baptist Church in Friendship, Wis., Townline Baptist Church in Beloit, Wis., Mount Olive Baptist Church in Dongola, Ill., Lantana Baptist Church in Carbondale, Ill., and Big Creek Baptist Church in Dongola.
Survivors include his wife; five sons, Charles Cooper of Elgin, Ill., Harold Wright of Wisconsin Dells, Wis., Bruce Wright of Baltimore, Md., Jim Hardway Jr. of Hudson, Fla., Phillip Wright of Algonquin, Ill.; four daughters, Carlena Thompson of Anna, Sue Argraves of St. Petersburg, Fla., Terry Wright of Anna, Patti Neilson of Plant City, Fla.; a brother, Don Hardway of Paris, Ill.; 33 grandchildren; and 49 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two sons, a sister and a brother.
Friends may call today from 6 to 8 p.m. at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral will be Monday at 11 a.m. at the funeral home, with the Revs. Paul Sadler and LaRue Perr officiating. Burial will be in McGinnis Cemetery east of Anna.