- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)9
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
Speak Out 4/26/10
IN regard to "seeking acceptance" about the mentally ill living among us: We're all handicapped in one way or another. Be it mentally or physically, we all have our shortcomings. If you are my neighbor, I will love you and accept you just for being you. I have a nephew who is paranoid schizophrenic. There are so any different mental illnesses, and we all may be struck by them sooner or later. We all have loved ones who are afflicted mentally in one or another. Continue to be yourself. God bless you.
Thanks for lunch
THANK you to the person who bought my lunch at Pizza Inn on Tuesday. What a generous and thoughtful thing to do.
Set the clock
THE downtown clock needs to be reset. It is one of our town's most recognized landmarks.
Right to disagree
A recent comment called Sarah Palin anti-American because she "blames everything on President Obama." Palin, the tea partiers and all other American citizens have a constitutional right to disagree with Obama. Remember how liberals treated George W. Bush? Now, that's hate and negativity.
I would like to remind everyone, young and old, that the mowing session is upon us in Southeast Missouri. Please, when you see someone mowing along the side of a state highway or county road, slow down and use caution. There are many of us trying to keep our properties mowed, and we would all be grateful if everyone would slow down when you see us. Don't be part of a preventable tragedy.
AS a parent of a junior at Kelly High School, I would like to thank coach and athletic director Corey Campbell for the hard work and support he has provided to the school this year. His practices and much-needed effort with school spirit have made a dramatic difference. My child and his friends all agree that Coach Campbell has been a great addition to the school. As a result, the sports enrollment has increased and finally Kelly is headed in the right direction with athletics. Let's go, Kelly.
Just say no
REPUBLICAN majority leader in the U.S. Senate Mitch McConnell said he is in favor of bipartisan financial regulatory reform of Wall Street. Wait. Mitch McConnell? Of all people, surely Mitch McConnell can figure out a way to just say no.
PEOPLE need to be more respectful when going to a drive-through window to make a purchase. Many people smoke cigarettes, not only blowing smoke in my face, but also sticking the cigarette out the window of their vehicle so the smoke does not get in their car, although it is going right into my face. Can't you do without your cigarettes long enough to make a purchase? I need my job, but I don't know how much of that I can take.