- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
Speak Out 4/25/10
I wish people in Missouri would throw trash away in proper places. I travel on so many roads that have trash lying around everywhere. Missouri, wake up and smell fresh air, and welcome people with a friendly atmosphere.
Take from the wealthy
SOMEONE said in a Speak Out comment that he loves President Obama. He went on to say, "I love his insurance plan. Pay your fair share." The problem is people won't be paying their fair share. In Obama's plan, the middle class and rich will be paying for those who do not work, some of whom by choice who are content to sit back and live on handouts. Even Democrats admit that this health care plan is intended to take from the wealthy and give to the poor.
On the way out
IT'S sad to say, particularly given Cape Girardeau's university-based history, but alternative avenues to certification seem to be leading to the decline and eventual extinction of colleges of education.
THIS is causing me great consternation. On the same day in Speak Out I read of dogs imprisoned in automobiles with the windows rolled up and of unleashed dogs running wild. Surely there's a middle ground here.
THE renovation of the Cape Girardeau Public Library was money well spent. It's time the "Closed on Sunday from mid-May until September" policy was changed. It's not just students who use and enjoy this facility seven days a week.