- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
"RSVP/VIC Volunteer Round-Up"
The Retired Senior Volunteer Program and the Volunteer Intergenerational Center held their 2010 Annual Recognition on Tuesday, April 20 at 4:30 p.m. at the Bavarian Halle in Fruitland. This year's theme was a "Volunteer Round-Up" and most of those attending dressed in western attire. There were prizes awarded to the 3 best dressed winners. Kathy Sweeney, KFVS, was guest speaker for the event and remarked what wonderful and meaningful work volunteers give to our communities.
RSVP and VIC were honoring 1,046 Enrolled Volunteers, 44 Volunteer Groups, and 128 agencies who utilize volunteers provided by these two programs. Last year, RSVP/VIC volunteers generated 71,968.5 hours of volunteer service.
I want to personally thank the following for participating in this year's event either by giving a donation, a helping hand, or in some way making this Volunteer Round-Up a great time for all. Also, a big THANK YOU to Southeast Missouri Area Agency on Aging for being a wonderful employer and supporter for all these years.
RSVP/VIC Advisory Council
Elizabeth, Julie and Kennedy Rush
Gamma Sigma Sigma
Our Judges - Rhonda Bramlett, Lana Johnson, and Glenda Hoffmeister
Cliff and Jen Barlow
Drury Southwest, Inc.
Girl Scout Council of the Heartland
Boys Scouts of the Greater St. Louis Council
SEMO State University Book Store
United Way of Southeast Missouri
Chaffee Nursing Center
Community Caring Council
Bank of Missouri
Jackson Senior Center