- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
"RSVP/VIC Volunteer Round-Up"
The Retired Senior Volunteer Program and the Volunteer Intergenerational Center held their 2010 Annual Recognition on Tuesday, April 20 at 4:30 p.m. at the Bavarian Halle in Fruitland. This year's theme was a "Volunteer Round-Up" and most of those attending dressed in western attire. There were prizes awarded to the 3 best dressed winners. Kathy Sweeney, KFVS, was guest speaker for the event and remarked what wonderful and meaningful work volunteers give to our communities.
RSVP and VIC were honoring 1,046 Enrolled Volunteers, 44 Volunteer Groups, and 128 agencies who utilize volunteers provided by these two programs. Last year, RSVP/VIC volunteers generated 71,968.5 hours of volunteer service.
I want to personally thank the following for participating in this year's event either by giving a donation, a helping hand, or in some way making this Volunteer Round-Up a great time for all. Also, a big THANK YOU to Southeast Missouri Area Agency on Aging for being a wonderful employer and supporter for all these years.
RSVP/VIC Advisory Council
Elizabeth, Julie and Kennedy Rush
Gamma Sigma Sigma
Our Judges - Rhonda Bramlett, Lana Johnson, and Glenda Hoffmeister
Cliff and Jen Barlow
Drury Southwest, Inc.
Girl Scout Council of the Heartland
Boys Scouts of the Greater St. Louis Council
SEMO State University Book Store
United Way of Southeast Missouri
Chaffee Nursing Center
Community Caring Council
Bank of Missouri
Jackson Senior Center