- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
Speak Out 4/23/10
I reckon the congressional Republicans didn't understand at first. When the people seem to be saying they don't want more government in their lives, that's not always really true, particularly when it comes to Wall Street. I can't think of any other reason why the GOP blinked.
THE whine about requiring picture IDs at the voting booth creating a hardship for some just makes no sense. Anyone who cashes a check has to show a picture ID, and most of the folks mentioned get one from the government every month. I even had to show one at the medical clinic I've gone to for two years.
Free to disagree
I'VE noticed that Democrats are crying about the criticism of President Obama, but they were silent during criticism of our last president. I've noticed that anti-war demonstrators are silent now, but they weren't during the last administration. I've noticed that Democrats are OK with rendition, torture and domestic spying, but weren't during the last administration. I'm free to disagree with my elected officials, and I will not keep my mouth shut as some have suggested. This presidency and our Congress are an abomination, and we'll correct it in 2010 and 2012.
HOORAY for the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank. It proposed ideas that became the basis for health care reform as supported by then-governor Mitt Romney in Massachusetts and later President Obama. Who says conservatives aren't compassionate?
A reminder for all of you who have kids: attend the Messy Morning event at the Show Me Center April 24 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Take canned food for the food drive, and please support this free, fantastic event that kids love. The girls who plan it need a huge thanks, and the best way to do that is to and support it. You will be so glad you went.