- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Speak Out 4/23/10
I reckon the congressional Republicans didn't understand at first. When the people seem to be saying they don't want more government in their lives, that's not always really true, particularly when it comes to Wall Street. I can't think of any other reason why the GOP blinked.
THE whine about requiring picture IDs at the voting booth creating a hardship for some just makes no sense. Anyone who cashes a check has to show a picture ID, and most of the folks mentioned get one from the government every month. I even had to show one at the medical clinic I've gone to for two years.
Free to disagree
I'VE noticed that Democrats are crying about the criticism of President Obama, but they were silent during criticism of our last president. I've noticed that anti-war demonstrators are silent now, but they weren't during the last administration. I've noticed that Democrats are OK with rendition, torture and domestic spying, but weren't during the last administration. I'm free to disagree with my elected officials, and I will not keep my mouth shut as some have suggested. This presidency and our Congress are an abomination, and we'll correct it in 2010 and 2012.
HOORAY for the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank. It proposed ideas that became the basis for health care reform as supported by then-governor Mitt Romney in Massachusetts and later President Obama. Who says conservatives aren't compassionate?
A reminder for all of you who have kids: attend the Messy Morning event at the Show Me Center April 24 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Take canned food for the food drive, and please support this free, fantastic event that kids love. The girls who plan it need a huge thanks, and the best way to do that is to and support it. You will be so glad you went.