- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Sue Bryant, 82, of Baytown, Texas, passed away Sunday, April 18, 2010, in a Baytown hospital.
She was born March 11, 1928, in Cape Girardeau.
Bryant was a very active member of Second Baptist Church where she was in the Senior Adult Choir and the Naomi Sunday School Class.
Survivors include her husband of 60 years, Norman Bryant; a daughter and son-in-law, Patty and Chuck Russell, all of Baytown; two brothers and sisters-in-law, Ivan and Betty McLain of Cape Girardeau, Jack and Jean McLain of Jackson; two sisters, Carrie Wilhelm of Zellwood, Fla., Mary Wissman of Cape Girardeau; two grandsons, Clint and Brandon Russell of Baytown; and numerous nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Monroe and Myrtle McLain; a son, Douglas A. Bryant; and several brothers and sisters.
The funeral was Thursday at Navarre Funeral Home in Baytown, with the Rev. Tommy Clements and the Rev. Mark Stafford officiating. Burial was in Memory Gardens Cemetery.
To view the online obituary or to post a tribute for the family, go to www.navarrefuneralhome.com.