- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Body found along Interstate 55 identified
CARUTHERSVILLE, Mo. -- A body found along Interstate 55 Tuesday was identified as a Tennessee man.
Gordon Lee Williams, 62, of Harrogate, Tenn., was found by a construction worker resurfacing at I-55 in a wooded area along Missouri Route H, according to Pemiscot County Sheriff Tommy Greenwell.
Greenwell said the body's decomposition indicates it had been there for over a month. Williams' vehicle had been towed from I-55 on March 15 by the Missouri State Highway Patrol after being abandoned at the 11.2 mile marker.
Following the investigation by the sheriff's office, the patrol's Division of Drugs and Crime Control, Claibourne County, Tenn., Sheriff's Department and the Pemiscot County coroner's office, the cause of death was listed as suicide from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.